When living in a big city, the best form of transportation may be by foot.
By walking, you can avoid traffic, make frequent stops without having
to find parking, and even enjoy the friendly smiles of those passing by.
Although in some cities, such as Kansas City, commuting by foot may be
the most efficient form of transportation, it can also be one of the most
dangerous. In fact, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
states that in 2013, 4,735 pedestrians were hit and killed by motorists.
Although crosswalks are designed to create safer walking conditions for
those traveling by foot, it is important to remember that many drivers
do not always pay close attention to the signs, lights, and signals ahead of them.
To help keep pedestrians safe, our Kansas City pedestrian accident lawyers
have listed some helpful tips below:
- Never step into a crosswalk when the hand is flashing.
- Never assume the entire walkway is safe because one driver signaled for
you to walk.
- Look left, then right, then left again to ensure the street is clear before walking.
- If a car is approaching, make eye contact with the person behind the wheel
to ensure they see you.
- Look out for bicyclists, as well.
- Never assume a driver sees you.
- Don’t trust drivers to yield to you just because you have the right
away according to the crosswalk signal.
Injured in a Pedestrian Accident?
If you or someone you love has suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident
and believe a driver should be held liable for damages, contact our Kansas
City pedestrian accident attorneys at Montee Law Firm, P.C. right away.
Our team may be able to help you pursue the finances you need recover
emotionally, physically, and monetarily. We know accidents can be life
changing, and that is why we are here to offer compassionate services
to all of our clients. When you work with our team, we will listen to
every detail of your case and fight aggressively to pursue justice for you.
Put experience and integrity on your side of the courtroom.
Contact the Montee Law Firm, P.C. today! We have recovered over $250 million for our clients!