Medical malpractice or medical negligence occurs when a healthcare provider causes an injury or death to a patient due to a failure to meet the accepted standard of care. Statutes limiting the ability to bring such claims can be very short. If you believe that you have been a victim of medical malpractice or medical negligence, you should take action immediately.
The following is a list of the most common types of medical malpractice claims:
* MISDIAGNOSIS *SURGICAL ERROR *NURSING HOME NEGLECT
* FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE PATIENT’S CONDITION *SLIP & FALL
* EMERGENCY ROOM ERROR * FAILURE TO MONITOR A PATIENT
* FAILURE TO ORDER DIAGNOSTIC TESTING * MEDICATION ERROR
* RETAINED FOREIGN OBJECT * PHARMACY ERROR
* BIRTH INJURY * MISDIAGNOSIS OF CHEST PAIN* FAULTY LAB TESTS
* MISREADING X-RAYS, MRIs, CT SCANS & OTHER TESTS
* DELIVERY OF WRONG MEDICAL EQUIPMENT
At the Montee Law Firm, P.C., a “FIVE STEP EVALUATION” assists our medical malpractice team in determining whether you have a medical malpractice claim:
(1) Consultation with the client regarding the factual background;
(2) Collection of all medical records, bills, Xrays and other relevant documentation;
(3) Detailed and thorough review of the medical records by our medical malpractice team to determine if your case has merit;
(4) Working with a qualified expert when necessary who practices in the same area or specialty as the healthcare provider who will provide an opinion as to whether that healthcare provider committed medical negligence; and
(5) Discussion with client regarding our findings and any opinion of the expert.
Our medical malpractice team will give you an honest evaluation as to whether you have a medical malpractice claim.